Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Summer

Well, sorry for not putting updates on here. I have been majorly busy w/ our friends the Renes, the horses, applying at two major universities, & going on another medical missions trip to Mexico.
So our missionary friends the Renes have been staying with us for the summer to get aquainted w/ their mustang and to try to get stuff for their ranch. It has been nice having them help take care of all the horses since I have been doing the majority of all the work myself but they are leaving very shortly to go back up north so I am enjoying the help while I have it :)
I applied to the nursing school of the University of Texas in Austin & Texas A&M University in Corpus Christi and was accepted into the TAMUCC :) I am soooo excited because their nursing program is available online so I can get my nursing degree w/o leaving home :)
Also, this summer I received a call asking if I was available to go on another medical missions trip to Mexico. Previously, I had not planned on going this year because of the lack of funds but the Lord provided and I was able to go to Ciudad Victoria, Mexico. Plus, next week I will be going on a mini medical missions trip to Honduras (its only a weekend trip w/ 2 docs, a nurse, & me- a student nurse). I am soo excited for this opportunity that the Lord has opened up for me!!!
I will try to post pics as I am able. Hope ya'll had a great summer!

No comments: