Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mustangs

I will be putting up the pics from our Old Fashion Day but I did want to put up the reason for not posting this past weekend.

On Friday, we got a call from a gentleman who is donating a horse to the Renes. He had decided to get them a mustang but he needed someone to go up to Arkansas to pick them up on Saturday. My dad had to go to SanAntonio for work & couldn't go, so I had to learn how to drive the truck w/ horse trailer. I had never had to pull a trailer before but I learned how to pretty fast. Actually, I got the hang of it before I even left town :) Well, it was decided that Daniel would go w/ me & that we would leave Friday evening & stay in a hotel near the Texas/Arkansas border for the night. Well, due to some set backs we left at 8pm & got into the hotel somewhere after 1:30am. For some odd reason I could not get to sleep (hmm, maybe it was that energy drink that I drank to stay awake :) Anyways, we left there about 7ish & were at the auction by 8:30am. I got to help pick out the two mustangs- the gentleman got one for the Renes & one for himself. Driving them back to his place was fun because they are both wild & were fighting back there while I was driving through Dallas/Ft Worth traffic. Fun stuff! :)
Here are some pics that he sent me- the horses cant leave his place for at least a month so I have to be content to just see pics that he sends :)

The Rene's is the dark mare. His is the sorrel gelding.

Here they are enjoying a bite of hay :)

The mare eating.


Isn't she pretty! Yes, she is dirty :)

He sent this pic of a Texas longhorn.
Have no idea why he sent this pic to me but I thought it was a great pic.



Here is his sorrel gelding.
Right now I am looking for some fencing materials to be able to put these guys up down here. If everything works out I get to have two horses around here for a few months. :)

No comments: